[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: unknown command: watch_on

Steinar O. Cook steinar at balder.no
Tue Jan 7 22:48:04 GMT 2003

I am trying to enable the watch feature for files.

The command:

                cvs watch on myfile.txt

Fails with this message: cvs [server aborted]: unknown command: watch_on

I have tried this on both CvsNT and cvs on Unix, both fails.
Do I need some special access rights?
I was able to make it work, when I logged in to the NT server and set my
CVSROOT to :local:/.....

Could someone please point me to some documentation on this issue? I have
read the Cederqvist manual, but I'm unable to figure out what I am doing
wrong.

My CvsNT client is version:  1.11.1.3 (Build 65) (client/server). The NT
server version is build 57, while the Unix server version is 1.11.12.

Thanks,

Steinar Overbeck Cook