[cvsnt] Re: Where is src\info.c??

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Jan 8 09:36:18 GMT 2003

Bo Berglund wrote:

> When I look through the complete sourcetree I find that in some dirs
> the CVS subdir contains a file named Tag containing the single line:
> TCVSNT_1_11_1_3_REL
> but I note that the src dir is lacking this extra file.
> When does it get created? I assume this is where CVS keeps the
> knowledge on which branch it is handling.

It does sounds like the way the tree was checked out originally was strange,
or something's happened in the meantime (I remember you had this problem
with the cvsnt.iss file too).  The tag file is created automatically when
you checkout on a branch for exactly this reason - so you can automatically
keep up to date with new files on the branch.