[cvsnt] Permission denied (config)

keinespams at gmx.de keinespams at gmx.de
Wed Jan 8 15:43:10 GMT 2003

Hi,

please HELP me! I have tried everything with our administrator, but we could
not get CVSNT running!

The following was already discussed on the list, but unfortunately it did
not help me. I already asked again, but nobody answered. I am desperate for
help!

When I do the following I am getting an error message:

C:\>set CVSROOT=:ntserver:ALI:/TEST

C:\>cvs passwd -a haag
cvs [passwd aborted]: unrecognized auth response from ALI: cvs server: E
cannot open G:/cvs/cvsrepo/TEST/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied

I have checked the directory tree on the server ALI: Both "System" and
"Everyone" have full read/write access to all directories.
The CVS repository is on a W2K-server in a domain. The CVSNT service is up
and running.
I am logged in as administrator on the server. However, user 'haag' (which I
want to add to the password list) does not have an account on the server
ALI, but in the domain.
I have followed Bo Berglunds installation instructions as closely as
possible (as you can see from the "/TEST"...).

What is wrong here? How can I check? At what stage in the CVSNT service try
to access the "config" file?

Thanks many many times for your help!

Achim Haag
mail: keinespams at gmx.de (this is not a spam address, it is an address to