[cvsnt] Read-write file after commit using "cvs watch on"

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 10 17:24:48 GMT 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:06:03 +0100, "Jonas Bergvall"
<Jonas.Bergvall at ibitec.se> wrote:

>We have sent a mail to Intellij support. Their answer was to use the =
>original CVS client instead of CVSNT (gave pointer to a CVS 1.11.2 =
>binary). This new binary didn't resolve the problem either. This is a =
>copy of a mail we sent to Intellij support:

All cvs versions with PreservePermissions enabled will do this.
Basically they preserve the read only flag between clients... I'm not
sure this is a good feature, and have disabled it on my working copy
(really the only useful flag to preserve is the exec bit).

It's not a Unix CVS/CVSNT difference, really - a lot of the CVS 1.11.2
clients that you get will have PerservePermissions enabled.

IDEA *should* cope with this, really.  If it's failing because of it
it's definately a bug.