[cvsnt] Re: Can't build Build 65

Jim Hyslop jhyslop at ieee.org
Sat Jan 11 02:23:29 GMT 2003

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Jim Hyslop wrote:
>

>>I'm running build 65 of cvsnt, and I'm getting the same crash as Juanma
>>Barranquero mentioned in December (see the thread "[cvsnt] Crash using
>>Builds 62/63").
>>
>>I downloaded the source .tar.gz file, and tried building it using both
>>Visual Studio 6.0 and Visual Studio 7.0 so that I could track down the
>>problem, but both fail to compile the file cvsservice/Service.cpp,
>>complaining that addrinfo is an undeclared identifier:
>

> You need a recent SDK or VS.NET to compile cvsnt.  The VC6 SDK is
> prehistoric.
I did try it with Visual Studio .NET (VS7.0 == VS.NET) - is there
another SDK or DDK I need to install? I'm running on Windows XP, if that
makes a difference.

BTW, I tracked down the source of the crash - I had McAfee VirusScan 7.0
installed. McAfee 7 is known to cause problems with Apache, and it looks
like CVS doesn't like it either. All my problems disappeared as soon as
I uninstalled McAfee. I'm corresponding with their support technicians
to try to resolve _that_ problem. <sigh>

--
Jim