[cvsnt] Moving from existing installation to a new installation

KKolle at gkservices.com KKolle at gkservices.com
Tue Jan 14 19:01:05 GMT 2003

First, here are my specs:
Version: 1.11.1.3 Build 57j
OS: Win2000
Client: WinCVS 1.3.10.1 Beta 10 (Build 1)

We are retiring our existing win2000 box and we have a new replacement win2000
box. I have existing repositories that I need ported over to the new box. Is
there an easy way to do this? Our existing cvs setup works just fine. We are
using sspi.

I ran the .exe (from www.cvsnt.org) and installed the program on the new box.

But, my question is: Can I just copy over all my files for each module under my
d:\cvsrepo to the same directory structure on the new server? Is cvsnt smart
enough to recognize all the files just copied over (after stopping and
restarting cvsnt)? What is the recommended way of moving repositories to
different machines?
[The new server has the same exact name as the old server did]

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Kolle
G&K Services, Inc.
kkolle at gkservices.com