[cvsnt] Bundle of questions for CVS-Migration

Lucia.Kaeser Lucia.Kaeser at helvetia.de
Wed Jan 15 10:22:43 GMT 2003

Hi CVS-Experts,

for the migration from CVSNT 1.11.1.1 (Build27) ona Windows2000-Server
and WinCvs13b4 on Windows-NT
to the latest CVS and WinCvs Versions (CVSNT 1.11.1.3-65, WinCvs 1.3b10)
I have the following questions:

1) Do I have to deinstall the complete Server and WinCvs-Software before
I install the new versions ?
2) Is there anything to do with the existing repositories (we have
three) or can the new version "handle" the existing data (I hope so)
3) We use the pserver-protocoll - does the new version also use the
passwd, readers and writers file on the server ?
4) We used the pwgen.exe programm to encrypt our passwords - can we
still use this program to add new users with their passwords?
5) We used the tcl- Macros (tcl81.dll) - do the macros still work with
this dll or do I have to install python ?

Thank you in advance
Lucia Käser