[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT, Winroute, ports, pserver

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jan 16 11:49:12 GMT 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:31:08 +0000 (UTC), Tomasz Kopacz
<tkopacz at nospam.idg.com.pl> wrote:

>I've set up CVSNT on W2K with pserver authorization. Everything work
>correctly inside the network. If I try to connect from Internet
>(mapped ports 2401 and 2402 in winroute port mapping for both TCP and UDP
>on external IP adress)

You only need port 2401 TCP.  Don't expose port 2402.

>I've got "unrecognized auth response from cvsnt"
>Any idea?

It's possible Winroute is adding something to the data stream, but I'd
find that unlikely unless it's totally broken :-)  There shouldn't be
an issue - if it works inside it should work outside (assuming the
same client config).

>And second question - it is possible (and safe) to use protocol sspi in
>Internet?

Yes.  You might want to enable encryption (-x flag) but generally it's
safe enough.