[cvsnt] Problems using SSPI

Ricardo Fukasawa fukasawa at globo.com
Fri Jan 17 16:20:26 GMT 2003

Can anyone help me?
I have a problem trying to put cvsnt working with sspi.

I am using CVSNT 1.11.1.3 build 66 and WinCVS 1.3.10.1 client, which returns
the following error message:

Error connecting to host Paralamas: No such host is known.
cvs [import aborted]: Connection to server failed

However, using the same host name (Paralamas) and the ntserver protocol, it
works just fine. My client is in a win2k machine and my server in a win2k
server machine. My guess is that the problem might be happening because my
server does not have a real IP address or DNS, it only has a fake IP. Do I
have to have any of those for the sspi to work? Or does the problem has
nothing to do with this?

Thanks,

Ricardo.