[cvsnt] Re: script filter question

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Jan 22 15:06:41 GMT 2003

Tony,
the scripts are definitely case sensitive  in the evaluation of the regular expression.

I have done an experiment today:
First set the sandbox CVS/Repository file to define the module using all lowercase
letters as "wsmdb". I have the loginfo file looking like this:

WSMDB CvsMailer.exe ...... -ruser3,user4
ALL CvsMailer.exe .... -ruser1,user2

When I now commit a single file edit I get *one single call* in loginfo to the CVSMailer program
using the parameters -ruser1,user2

Now I changed the CVS/Repository file to set the module name to WSMDB. Then edited and committed
a new change to the test file.

Now I get two calls to CVSMailer, meaning that both the line with the match "WSMDB" and the one
with the ALL directive triggered. And in my case it points to another problem in my program, because
now it adds the files twice to the list in the message. I will fix that one though.

So I am still here with the alternative (no fun..) of doing this (matches two cahrs in each pos):

[Ww][Ss][Mm][Dd][Bb] CvsMailer.exe ...... -ruser3,user4
ALL CvsMailer.exe .... -ruser1,user2

I am looking for a simpler way....

/Bo