[cvsnt] Re: [ViewCVS/cvsnt] ViewCvs problem with CVSNT build68

Paul Russell paul_newsgroups at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 23 03:58:09 GMT 2003

See my previous post, subject "CVSNT Build 63~66 with ViewCVS and Diff"
 Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:I switched from CVSNT 1.11.1.3 b57j to Daily 68 today.
I committed a test file just fine, except that now ViewCvs won't touch this
file.
If I click a file that I have not yet committed changes to all is well and
the file displays and I can diff it etc. But if I do the same on this newly
committed file ViewCvs throws an error and displays this:

Exception
Python Messages:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\programs\viewcvs\lib/viewcvs.py", line 2710, in main
view_log(request)
File "c:\programs\viewcvs\lib/viewcvs.py", line 1774, in view_log
show_revs, rev_map, rev_order, taginfo, rev2tag, \
File "c:\programs\viewcvs\lib/viewcvs.py", line 1534, in read_log
idx = string.rfind(head, '.')
File "C:\Programs\Python22\lib\string.py", line 187, in rfind
return s.rfind(*args)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

I looked into the RCS file and there was new stuff in each revision
description, three new lines like these:
permissions 666;
commitid 1ec3e2f12c87eee;
kopt kv;

If I remove them ViewCvs starts working again.

Is there anyone with any ideas on why it happened and how to solve this?
Is it only present in the CVSNT Daily Snapshot or is this something
permanent?
Is there a viewcvs.py fix that covers this problem?

Bo Berglund