[cvsnt] The Answer - Re: Running CVS on Win2K for the first time.

Stuart Halliday stuarth at ecs-tech.com
Thu Jan 23 12:27:54 GMT 2003

On 22 Jan 2003 at 17:51, Tony Hoyle wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:26:52 -0000, "Stuart Halliday"
> <stuarth at ecs-tech.com> wrote:
>

> >cvs [passwd aborted]: Server configuration missing --allow-root in
> >inetd.conf
> >
> It probably shouldn't say that on NT...  You need to add a repository
> using the control panel.

It certainly should not! ;-)

I do have a repository set up and thanks to Bo I've discovered what the
problem is.

I set up a directory in e:\cvstest (a NTFS drive)
but I had a valid repository of '/' which I've been told by Bo is not
allowed.

So when I set it to '/test' it all worked.

So I have to ask why CVSNT allows illegal locations to be entered which
produced this weird '--allow-root in inetd.conf' error?

--
Stuart Halliday
ECS Technology IT Support
stuarth at ecs-tech.com