[cvsnt] Keeping Checked-Out copy of repository files

Wolfmaier Klaus Klaus.Wolfmaier at scch.at
Thu Jan 23 15:24:40 GMT 2003

Hi Everybody,

I'd like to keep a checked out copy of the last version of all files
in a CVS repository. For this, I created a Windows .bat file, that
contains the respective commands (change to directory and
call cvs update)

In the postcommit file of the CVSROOT directory, I've added
following line:

ALL	c:\keepuptodate.bat

When I check-in a file to the repository using WinCVS, the
update does not work.The .bat file is definitely executed
 (to me it seem that the call to cvs update somehow does not return).

Im using CVSNT, Build 66 and WinCVS 1.3.10.1 Beta 10, both on
W2K operating systems that are members of the same domain.

Do I perform the right steps to keep a check out copy? Has
anybody any ideas. Any help is appreciated.

Klaus