[cvsnt] CVS_CLIENT_LOG (Invalid change text)

Boyd Meier bmeier at acornsys.com
Fri Jan 24 15:33:20 GMT 2003

One thing that you might want to try is the following:

1) Copy the *,v file in question out of the repository to a local directory
2) Use rcs co to try to check out the version in question from the *,v file

The rcs tool *may* give you specific information about the problem with the
change text.  In my case it said that the change marker specified a line
past the end of the file.  When I actually edited the ,v file, I found that
the latest version checked in was missing a blank line at the end of the
file, when I added that in, the file worked properly.  I hate editing the
repository directly, but that is the only way to fix this.

	Boyd