[cvsnt] Problem on CVSNT as client + CVS as server

Sean Choi sean_choi at infrasys.com.hk
Sat Jan 25 01:58:59 GMT 2003

Hi all,

  I am using cvs client on windows and cvs server on unix:

  The cvs client is CVSNT of version 1.11.1.3(Build 66)
  The cvs server is CVS(from cvshome.org) of version 1.11.1p1

  And I am accessing cvs server by using TortoiseCVS(version 1.2.2) on
windows, which use CVSNT as cvs client.

  I found that there is two problems. Anybody face these problems before and
know how to resolve it? Thanks!

  1. conflict marker
      After conflict is found on cvs update, there should be conflict marker
added to the file:

      e.g. <<<<<<< abc.txt
              my changes
              =======
              cvs source changes

     However, I find that the marker is not added correctly:

             <<<<<<< abc.txt
              my changes=======
              cvs source changes>>>>>>>cvs version

    there are two newline characters missing. Anyone face this problem and
how can I resolve it?

  2. unicode file
     I find that after updating and checking out an unicode file, the
unicode file is corrupted.
     Besides there are two bytes "FFFE" at the beginning of the file as
unicode header in windows, two more bytes "FFEE" is added to the unicode
file.

     i.e. before add to cvs, the file content is

          after add to cvs, two more bytes "FFEE" is added to the beginning
of the file

    Any body know how to resolve this problem? This is a critical problem
that I can't add any unicode file to cvs.

    Thanks!

Regards,
Sean