[cvsnt] Bug with CVSNT, Emacs, and multi-line log messages

Christopher J. Madsen cjm at pobox.com
Mon Jan 27 22:30:17 GMT 2003

Well, it turns out it was my fault.  Instead of adding the cvsnt
directory to my path, or copying the executables to a directory on it,
I had just added a batch file (cvs.bat) that called the cvs.exe in the
appropriate directory.  It seemed to work at first, and I then forgot
about it (until just now when I wrote a fake cvs.exe to write out the
parameters and went to install it).  Unfortunately, the batch file
apparently can't handle parameters with newlines.

If I get rid of the batch file and put cvs.exe in my path, it
works just like RCS does.

Sorry to bother you.  I guess my path will just have to get a bit
longer.  Thanks for the prompt reply.

Chris Madsen                                            cjm at pobox.com