[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt service mysteriously stopping

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jan 28 17:16:38 GMT 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:11:10 -0700, Anna Seg <segfault at noao.edu>
wrote:

>Howdy,
>
>I have cvsnt installed on w2k, the clients are all in the local domain,
>and I use sspi to authenticate.
>
>Everything has been working great, but every so often the cvsnt service
>on my server quits.  I can go start it again, but I can't figure out why
>this service is stopping.  Has anyone experienced a problem like this,
>or have any ideas on how I can trouble-shoot?

Unless someone is actually stopping it I can't think of a reason why
it would do so... the service is just a small program that launches
cvs.exe as requred by clients - there isn't much to go wrong.

There is a bug in some versions of McAfee Antivirus that stops it
working, but from what I've heard that stops it working at all.