[cvsnt] Ssh protocol && socket error

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 31 14:55:07 GMT 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:20:25 -0500, "Keith D. Zimmerman"
<kzimmerman at eshcom.com> wrote:

>I am trying to use the new :ssh: protocol in cvsnt.  Whenever I do cvs
>update on a small repository, it works ok.  If I do cvs update on a
>larger one, it'll fail.  If I use compression, it'll work in that one,
>but then I move on to an even larger one, and no matter what I do with
>compression, it fails.  It seems like the protocol fails when dealing
>with a large list of updates...
>
>The error message I am getting is:
>	cvs [update aborted]: writing to server socket: error -1
>
>Any ideas?  Is there a better way to use ssh with cvsnt?  Or a better
>way to give external, encrypted access?

Make sure you're using the latest version, as ssh is constantly
improving (the repository size issue sounds like something I fixed a
couple of versions ago).   At he moment using something like plink.exe
with :ext: is more stable if you want fewer hassles (more people have
experience with it so it's probably easier to solve problems).