[cvsnt] Re: Can't authenticate ..... please help

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jul 3 23:27:58 BST 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 23:28:35 +0200, "Claus Petersen"
<claus at puppetmaster.dk> wrote:

>Hi Bo,
>You'r quite right, so here's some more informations:
>
>I currently have installed cvsnt ver. 2.0.6 (I upgraded 2.0.5  from snapshot
>binaries to v. 2.0.6)
>It's running on a win2k server edition SP 2. I haven't started to use any
>client other than a dos prompt on the same machine. The sspi_protocol.dll is
>pressent in the directory where cvsnt is installed.
>
>In my directory cvsrepo I don't have a subdir called CVSROOT, I think I have
>seen that on working cvs servers? And it's not located in the subdir called
>test.
>
>Hope theese informations can give you a more clear idea of my problems.
>
>Claus Petersen

You haven't completed the server setup then. Before that is done no
client access is possible.
Go to the CVSNT applet in Control Panel, switch to the Repositories
tab and Add a repository there (named Test). Let CVSNT initialize the
repository when it asks, this is necessary in order to get the system
working. Now there should be a directory c:\cvsrepo\Test with a subdir
CVSROOT inside.
And now you should be able to connect since you are on the same
machine as the server so there will not be any authentication issues.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)