[cvsnt] CVSNT -> loginfo

Thierry B. thierry.bo at XXXnetcourrier.com
Thu Jul 10 15:23:59 BST 2003

Hi,

I had the same question and I tried this in my local repository loginfo file
(this is just a sample) with a simple vbscript file I found on the web and I
received the email. This is  proceeded even without a CVS server (I use only
local mode with my cvs client)

DEFAULT
sendmail.vbs -e"t.bothorel at ool.fr" -d"thierry.bo at netcourrier.com" -o%{sVv} -
m"test"

Thierry B.

"ERNST KUSCHKE" <ernstkus at sasa.org.za> a écrit dans le message de news:
mailman.24.1056458321.23964.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
I have checked the whole of www.cvsnt.org , but I think the functionality of
files like loginfo, taginfo, rcsinfo, verifymsg, etc.
is not documented clear enough.
For CVSNT, IMO, docs should be biased towards Windows OS's - CVSNT was
created to run
CVS on Windows in the 1st place :)
I can find LOADS of Perl scripts, but not a single example of a
loginfo -file on a Windows system...(!)
I'm taking the route where I write an exe accepting arguments which I'll
call from loginfo:
   ALL customexe.exe %{s}
and have customexe take care of the rest.
It's not the best way, though, regarding future maintenance.