[cvsnt] Can't make mirror directory: File exists

Lawson.Reed Reed.Lawson at IGT.com
Mon Jul 14 20:52:37 BST 2003

Hi,

I'm running CVSNT 2.0.5 and in the process of setting this
server up for commit message screening.

I'm implementing a verifymsg script and am testing it.
If the message does not conform to the specifications I set,
then the script exits with a return code of 1. The CVS
manual says that that is suppose to abort the commit.
I have that part working.

However, when I attempt to commit again with a conforming
message, then I get this:

cvs [server aborted]: Can't make mirror directory: File exists

Looks like the server did not clean up after itself after the
abort from a failed verifymsg script because there is a
directory out there in my cvstemp directory called cvs-serv2992.

How can I work around that? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,