[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt status

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jul 15 14:34:29 BST 2003

John Peacock wrote:
> FWIW, the intro to Subversion at OSCON last week was standing room only,
> so there is definitely a lot of people out there who are not satisfied
> with CVS (of any stripe), and looking for something else.

That have very good PR :) - someone is working overtime to sell the
concept & they're very good at it (a 10 page article in one magazine, I
noticed, plus diagrams).  Bitkeeper did the same, although that was
always a commercial product (in fact if you work with another source
control system you're forbidden from using it!).

There'll always be a place for CVS....  I see no reason why both
projects can't coexist.  I can't use subversion because it requires
Apache & we're an IIS shop here, and I expect there are lots of people
in that position.