[cvsnt] Re: support.cvsgui message format sucks...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at removethis.system3r.se
Thu Jul 17 07:29:10 BST 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:10:11 +0200, "Oliver Giesen" <ogware at gmx.net>
wrote:

>> I noticed that there was a "pause" for about a week when no messages
>> from cvsgui came through the cvsnt newsserver.
>> Now they have started to appear again, but contrary to before the
>> pause the messages are containing a whole lot of HTML tags embedded in
>> the text making the messages next to unreadable.
>> Can this be switched off in the cvsnt newsserver?
>
>Hmm, I noticed the one-week pause (probably due to the server-problems Tony
>talked about) but I do not see the sudden increase in HTML-messages. AFAICT
>among the last 50 messages or so there were just two HTML messages. I
>usually do not even notice this because I have configured my OEx to "read
>all messages as plain text". I just reset this option to verify your
>comment. However, if your newsreader cannot interpret HTML (and be it only
>to convert it back to plain-text) I can see that a server-side conversion
>would be useful indeed.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Oliver

I am not using Outlook as my newsreader, I use Forte Free Agent and it
does not handle HTML. I think that many others do not either.

I noted that a thread that starts out as HTML switches back to
plaintext as soon as you respond to it. But about 90% of the threads
come up as nonreadable HTML coded stuff now and this was definitely
not the case before the feed stop a week ago.

Obviously the messages from Yahoo come as HTML (complete with heavy
picture attachments and all) unless the subscriber does something
about it. In this case whatever it was Tony had running before in the
way of filtering programs has been switched off now and the HTML comes
through. Which makes it impossible for me to read the stuff....

/Bo Berglund