[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.0.6 fails in a batch file

George Hazan *ghazan at voxnet.ru
Tue Jul 22 06:49:32 BST 2003

   Hi.

I use a batch file to update the source tree mirror on the regular basis. It
calls cvs.exe several times and redirects its output to the report file. The
problem is that CVS runs Ok only on the first time, all another runs fail
with the error "file report.txt is locked by another process".

Below is the brief review of that batch file:
========= 8< ========== >8 ==============
set CVSROOT=:ext:ghazan at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/miranda-icq
set CVS_EXE=c:\util\cvs.exe
set CVS_RSH=c:\util\putty\plink.exe

%CVS_EXE% update -P Miranda-IM >report.txt
%CVS_EXE% update -P Plugins >>report.txt
%CVS_EXE% update -P Protocols >>report.txt
%CVS_EXE% update -P SDK >>report.txt
%CVS_EXE% update -P Tools >>report.txt

The problem disappears if I insert 'sleep 1' command after each call of
CVS.EXE, but I cannot call this order of things normal.

I'm using CVSNT 2.0.6 under WinXP Prof Eng SP1 + all postfixes, NTFS
partition.

--
WMBR, George Hazan (ghazan at voxnet.ru)