[cvsnt] cvs server response

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Thu Jul 24 15:38:23 BST 2003

shekhar wrote:

> please someone tell me how to capture cvs servers' responses . Please
> please  please

I think that the reason no one responded to your earlier request is that no one
has any idea what you are talking about.  Are you talking about everything you
see coming from the server when using a command line client?  Are you talking
about logging something on the server itself?

Please give an example of the kind of data you are trying to save to file.

Try running this:

	cvs version > version.txt

and then look at the file created.  You might also want to read the Windows Help
file entry called "Redirection Overview" (at least on Win2k).  Some messages
from the server probably come on STDERR, so you'll need to run something more
like this:

	cvs command > log.txt 2>&1

HTH

John