[cvsnt] Re: Problem with cvswebnt and spaces in dir names

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Fri Jul 25 15:21:33 BST 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:48:35 +0200, "Dominique Jean-Prost"
<djean-prost at grh-informatique.fr> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I don't know it can post a problem on cvsweb in this newsgroup, but let's
>try.
>
>I have a problem with cvsweb on w2k : I use spaces in filename or dirname,
>and cvsweb doesn't seem to support them. Is this problem already known ?
>Does anyone have a bug fix ?
>
>Best regards,
>
>Dom

Known problem.

Solution:
Don't use spaces in directory or file names if they are to be managed
in CVS. Often you don't see any problems because CVSNT is quite good
at handling spaces, but as soon as you go for other tools (like
CvsWeb) and integrate them you will sooner or later fall flat on your
face....

/Bo Berglund