[cvsnt] commitinfo not passing arguments to the specified script.

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Thu Jul 31 16:58:51 BST 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:39:54 +0100, mike.porter at bt.com wrote:

>I am trying to prevent the commit of filenames with spaces into the
>repository but do not seem to be able to pass any arguments to my script
>from the commitinfo file.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

Did you read Cederquist on the commitinfo file?
Here is a snippet:

The `commitinfo' file defines programs to execute whenever `cvs
commit' is about to execute. These programs are used for pre-commit
checking to verify that the modified, added and removed files are
really ready to be committed. This could be used, for instance, to
verify that the changed files conform to to your site's standards for
coding practice.

As mentioned earlier, each line in the `commitinfo' file consists of a
regular expression and a command-line template. The template can
include a program name and any number of arguments you wish to supply
to it. The full path to the current source repository is appended to
the template, followed by the file names of any files involved in the
commit (added, removed, and modified files).

The first line with a regular expression matching the directory within
the repository will be used. If the command returns a non-zero exit
status the commit will be aborted.

If the repository name does not match any of the regular expressions
in this file, the `DEFAULT' line is used, if it is specified.

All occurrences of the name `ALL' appearing as a regular expression
are used in addition to the first matching regular expression or the
name `DEFAULT'.

Note: when CVS is accessing a remote repository, `commitinfo' will be
run on the remote (i.e., server) side, not the client side (see
section 2.9 Remote

/Bo Berglund