[cvsnt] Re: Problems with cvsnt on Windows 2003 Server

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jun 2 17:37:52 BST 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 18:30:26 +0200, "Holger Thiemann" <thiemann at sowatech.de>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We moved our CVS from our old Linux Server to our new Windows 2003 Server
>(with CVSNT).
>
>We use WinCVS client on the XP-Professional Workstations. The Windows 2003
>Server ist Domain Controler, therefore the clocks synchronize automatically.
>
>We have the following problems:
>
>1. If I import a module at 18:00 the files will be stored in CVS (as I can
>see in the ,v file) with time 16:00. On a checkout the file has the time
>15:00 and is displayed in red (modified). Commit/Update seems to work
>normaly, but the files ist always red (modified), I think because of the
>strange time difference.

I suspect that your two machines are in different timezones, so the time
syncing is actually working against you... in GMT their times are different.

If you're using WinCVS 1.2 then you'll be seeing all sorts of time related
problems (OS issues... no, not fixed in 2003 either... the workarounds weren't
in Wincvs 1.2 which is pretty out of date now).