[cvsnt] Aliasing CVS Usernames to System Login Ids

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jun 2 21:58:28 BST 2003

Walker, Andy wrote:

> we are using the sspi protocol for our CVSNT access with 'SystemAuth =
> Yes' so that we don't have to do a separate login to CVS. In the near
> future our system login ids are going to be changed to an unidentifiable
> (from the point of view of putting a user's name to the id) string of
> letters and digits. I'm after a way of setting up 'aliases' for the user
> ids so that the 'Author' field in the output of the log command, the
> $Author:$ keyword, etc.
> will still have peoples names.  From what I can determine from the

There's no way to do what you want with SSPI, because authentication is done
by the OS and the usernames in the passwd file are only there as a check to
see if the user can connect to the repository.

If you don't want to use your system usernames on CVS you're basically
limited to pserver or sserver.