[cvsnt] Problem with broken image link and cvs

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jun 12 17:37:44 BST 2003

Note:  Please reply to the list, not directly to me (list etiquette).

How did you import them?  I am guessing that they didn't get imported with
the -kb option that tells CVS these are binary files.  The difference is
only seen on Windows clients.

Normally, when a text file is checked out it has it's CR translated to CRLF
automatically.  However, you don't want that with binary files (nor do you
want keyword expansion), and the -kb takes care of that for you.

TortoiseCVS and WinCVS make an attempt (a pretty good one, too) to determine
the type of file and automatically set that flag for you.  I'm guessing you
used the command line directly--in that case you should set up your
CVSWRAPPERS file with the appropriate extension-to-filetype mappings.

Personally, I'd recommend using TortoiseCVS or WinCVS (my preference is the
former but both are nice clients).  I did also set up my cvswrappers file,
since I also like the command line for scripting & concise "how to"
cliffnotes for myself.  Look up cvswrappers in the documentation, it's a
file that lives in the CVSROOT administration files area of your repository.

My setup:  http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl

Glen Starrett