[cvsnt] Panic message...

Steve Ford sford at whidbey.com
Mon Jun 16 17:23:32 BST 2003

Thanks for your reply!
While we have been using CVS for 4 years now, we are all CVS neophytes... so
please bear with me...

We have been using CVS with the repository on a LINUX machine...
Recently, we encountered various problems ...
As a way of remedying this we decided to create a completely new repository
using CVSNT...
Mike, the guy that sent you the last e-mail, set up the server side...
I acquired the 1.2 version of WinCVS (had been using 1.0)...
I put in the IP address for the CVSROOT...
I created a new repository...
Then imported a project...
Then I checked out the project...
At this point everything seemed OK... at least the client was communicating
with the repository... but all the files were marked as changed... I also
noticed that there were no CVS subdirectories... apparently this is the key
of the problem...

WHAT causes these subdirectories and their administrative files to be
created?

THANKS!
Steve Ford
MaxView Corporation