[cvsnt] Instable release version?!?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Jun 18 12:07:17 BST 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:52:27 +0200, Kai Bernhard <kb at brueckmann-gmbh.de>
wrote:

>AFAIK, there is no user-specific path environment variable BY DEFAULT on
>Win2K, but there seems to be no difference between english and german
>versions. On a german system (W2K Prof, all SP), you can add a user
>variable called Path, (right-click My Computer, last tab sheet,
>environment variables, user variables) and it will be stored at
>HKCU\Environment\Path, and appended to the system path. You can also add
>the registry value manually or programmatically, but it wont take effect
>until the next time the user logs on, or the user opens and closes the
>environment variables dialog.

On Win2k unlike the system path, you can modify it and it takes effect
immediately (the system path requires you to logon again).  You just have to
send a WM_WININICHANGE to tell the system it's changed.

cvsnt actually works fine without path settings... it's just handy to have
them for command line operations.