[cvsnt] cvsnt / samba problem

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Jun 18 17:16:57 BST 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:02:41 +0000 (UTC), patrick.olinet at ard.fr (Patrick
Olinet) wrote:

> - I think it's a common setup, specially when you deal with web
>developpment and you want your remote web server to access your sandbox
>web files (in my case, my web server is also on my linux box). To put a

There are better ways to do this... they've been discussed before - check the
list archives.

> - It works when you use the Cygwin cvs client... so it's possible ! And I
>don't want to install the whole cygwin package only to get access to a cmd
>line cvs client !

The cygwin client just doesn't check, so all the problems that you get
(anything from locking issues to trashing the repository, depending on what
you do with it) just go unchecked.

cvsnt has some changes in that make the use of samba sandboxes impossible,
which is a good thing IMO as it stops people potentially making mistakes that
can screw up their repository.