[cvsnt] cvsnt / samba problem

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Jun 20 18:09:25 BST 2003

Wehrend, Timo wrote:

> Hmm, I use WinCVS 1.3b12/cvsnt1.11.1.3b73 and my sandbox is on
> \\Win2kServer\web\dir and it works great. Same server holds the repository.
> If cvsnt2.x won't work with this configuration, I think I shouldn't
> update....

It's not a limitation of CVSNT or even 2.x, it is a limitation of RCS.  If you
are the only person who is using this sandbox, i.e. editing/committing/updating,
then you are not likely to have a problem.  If there is more than one person
accessing that sandbox and making changes, it will eventually corrupt your
repository.  This is a very long standing FAQ for all versions of CVS and there
are several ways to work around it, but they all involve giving the web server
it's own sandbox (or exported).

John