[cvsnt] cvsnt / samba problem

Mitch Davis Mitch.Davis at EXTEL.COM.AU
Mon Jun 23 09:17:29 BST 2003

Hi Patrick,

> (btw, what would be the point of having several users
> using the same sandbox instead of several sandboxes ?).

Don't laugh, people do it.

> When you deal with web developpment, you spend a lot of time
> adding/fixing visual effects in your html code and you'd like
> to see the results often and quickly

> You may have to do that 2 or 3 times a minute !

> So I don't think that to commit the files between stages 2.
> and 3. (as I read it in a previous thread) is an acceptable
> solution since it takes a lot of time

Yes.

> Once again, the point of a shared drive sandbox is not to share the
> sandbox with other users, but to make it accessible to the
> web browser.

Yes I understand.  But you could also do this with a batch
script (using xcopy maybe) which copies files from your PC to
the server.  Click on the button, files are copied, try the
web page.  No need to check in until you're good and ready.

It's really up to you.  But there are many people (me included)
who will advise you not to run in this mode.

Regards,

Mitch.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is
confidential and intended for the named recipient(s). If you have received
this message in error, please contact sender by return e-mail and
destroy the message and any attachments.
Any opinions or undertakings expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender except where the sender expressly and with authority
states them to be the opinions of Extel.