[cvsnt] Login problems.

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Jun 24 09:16:17 BST 2003

With SSPI you are not supposed to log in at all.
But it supports login and when done it verifies the login against one
of two possible databases:
1) The domain (Active Directory on W2K)
or
2) The local server PC user list

If your server is not on the domain and/or your workstation is not on the
domain then I think you will have to set up for local authentication and
then all users will need to have an account at the server PC. I think that
they also need to have logged on to that PC at least once to create their
profiles on that server.

I am using SSPI in several places, both with and without domains, and it
works satisfactorily. I also expose one of my CVSNT servers on the Internet
for remote access (only using SSPI again). In that case the rule is to
do a login for each repository on the server via the remote connection.
This will store the user credetials in the local Registry (HKCU hive) and
this will be used the next time the same repository is accessed with the
same username setting.
Works like clock...

Bo