[cvsnt] Copying committed files via cmd.exe

Warren, Erik Erik.Warren at delta.com
Tue Jun 24 13:47:20 BST 2003

>IOW, I need cmd.exe to do the following:
>
>   cmd.exe /c copy sourcePath target
>
>How would I do this in loginfo?

Ernst,

I wonder if you are trying to copy the committed file to a network folder?  I understand that in order to copy to a mapped network drive you must use the \\servername\foldername nomenclature instead of the drive letter used to map to the network drive.  (Anyone with more knowledge than me feel free to correct me or expand on that.)

I have a similar situation in that I want to copy any file committed to a folder with the name "Release" to a network folder so that it is available to anyone in my department.  I use a somewhat brute force method ... I created a vb program which uses the CreateProcessAsUser API to do the copying to the network drive.  The program does a checkout of the file(s) just committed and then copies it to the network drive.  My NT Domain password expires every 90 days so whenever I change my NT password I have to recompile the VB code but otherwise I have found this to be an excellent arrangement for me.

The name of the vb program I created to copy the files from the CVSNT server is autosapp and my loginfo line looks like this (my CVSNT server is running on an NT40 workstation):
release autosapp %{s}

Erik W. Warren
Sr. Engineer - Flt. Ops. Engineering
Delta Air Lines