[cvsnt] Export doesnt work properly anymore (2.0.4)

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Jun 25 19:38:52 BST 2003

The script files I use are simple Windows batch files. Any given
software product setup compilation starts with executing the bootstrap
batch file, which exports the main batch file and executes it.
The main batch file needs to export all the needed files and it must
be maintained in sync with the ISS file for InnoSetup.
Both the batch files use cvs export for their work.

I can think of a number of tricks to fix this problem, but the simplest
is actually not to upgrade beyond 1.11.3b72 on our workstations until
the -N fix is in CVSNT. Then all of us will upgrade to 2.0.5 (or whatever
the version will become) and all will work without changing the scripts.
In my case what I had to do was shut down my local CVSNT server on my laptop
and then rename the CVSNT folder, create a new CVSNT folder and drop the
files from 1.11.1b72 into this. It is alreaduý on Path so I'm done for
the moment.
Most developers use WinCvs but that installation does not put anything on the
path so they can get an update for just the command to work properly and it won't
affect WinCvs either.

/Bo