[cvsnt] Latest on Virus Scan?

Lawson.Reed Reed.Lawson at IGT.com
Fri Jun 27 02:12:43 BST 2003

Thank you Glen. I agree. I could not find anything
about this on the Wiki. It should at least be in
the FAQ.

One thing I need an answer on though is this:
==> Is it just Norton, or does this problem occur with
    McAfee too? <==
Because if McAfee will work, my problem is solved.
I fear that my IS department WILL want to run AV on
the CVS directory because that is where most of the
activity will be.

I am with you 100% that AV has gone completely
overboard, BUT, it's not my decision. This company
hired the most paranoid IS people they could find
ON PURPOSE. They WANT as secure a system as they
can have. So, naturally, AV is part of that.

I really want this issue addressed because if they
put their foot down on this, I've just wasted
2 months of my life gearing up for this switch.
Guess I should have thought of this before, but
I guess I was just hoping it would be addressed
by now.

Thanks for the help.
Reed Lawson
IGT Firmware Engineering