[cvsnt] Add Module script

Ian Epperson Ian at axiomdesign.com
Fri Jun 27 18:29:05 BST 2003

Hi all.  I'm writing a CGI script that allows a user to go to a web page and
add a "Client" (module within our ClientFiles repository) and I've run into
a snag.

Doing this through NT4 via IIS (urg!) with a python script invoking a batch
file.  CVSNT (1.11.1.3 57g) is running on Gambit (different server).  The
batch file runs fine when I invoke it from the command line, but here's what
I get when invoked through python:

D:\CVSAdd>whoami
ian

D:\CVSAdd>cd \Sandbox\_Template

D:\Sandbox\_Template>cvs update -APCdR
Cannot access D:/AXIOMCVS/ClientFiles/CVSROOT

Permission denied

D:\Sandbox\_Template>cvs -d :sspi:Gambit:/ClientFiles import -m "Auto
Imported from _Template" testAdd4 Axiom Initialized
Cannot access D:/AXIOMCVS/ClientFiles/CVSROOT

Permission denied

D:/AXIOMCVS/ClientFiles is the proper path on Gambit.  All employees
(including myself) have full permissions on that CVSROOT.

This failure seems odd to me because I (ian) have full access to the entire
repository, and use it every day with SSPI.

Any thoughts?