[cvsnt] How to avoid regular users from checking out administrative files?

Eduardo Mylonas - Externo emylonas at automat.com.br
Mon Jun 30 14:07:02 BST 2003

I'm configuring a cvs repository with 'writers' and 'read-only' acess for
the first time.

I have added 3 new files to the default cvsroot module: users, admin and
writers.

Now, i have noticed that the cvsroot module from cvsnt repository doesn't
contain files like 'admin' or 'writers'. I believe those files exist in the
module but regular users can't see or check them out.

That's what i want to do in my repository. I want to avoid people from
visualizing these critical administrative files. I know i have to insert
something into some file, but i didn't find out where.
How do i do that?

Also, is there any use for the 'users' file? Can i exclude it?

Thanks a lot.

Eduardo Mylonas da Silva
Automat Eng. de Automação
Desenvolovimento