[cvsnt] taginfo troubles

Scott Ford SFord at RJKTECH.com
Mon Mar 3 18:45:42 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I was messing with the taginfo file for the past few days and thought that I
would share with you a problem that I found and finally figured out.

I wrote a script that rejects certain users from using tags. (Don't ask ;))

The trouble that I kept having with the script is that even though the
documentation for the Administration Scripts mentions that an operation will
fail if the return code of the script is non-zero, I was only able to get it
to fail when the I set the return code to -1. This was very frustrating
because I kept setting the return code to 1. I just happened to try -1 on a
whim!

I doubt that this is urgent enough the go into the next release, but I do
think that it should happen soon.

An easy was to test this under Windows 2000/XP follows:

Test.bat:

Exit 1

Taginfo:

ALL test.bat

This does not cause a failure, but this does

Test.bat

Exit -1

Taginfo:

ALL test.bat