[cvsnt] Lost changes

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 5 11:12:17 GMT 2003

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:57:37 +0100, Zsolt Koppany <zsolt.koppany at intland.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>is it a CVSNT issue or an IDE one? I just consider to use CVSNT, but a not
>reliable CVS is a bad CVS (under unix CVS very stable).

For us it was the IDE.  There is an option to automatically reload the file
when the on-disk copy changes, but most people didn't have that set (they do
now!).  It's safest to shut down any IDEs when updating or committing, though.

As far as the diffing engine goes cvsnt is identical to Unix cvs anyway, so if
it worked for you under Unix it'll work for you on NT.