[cvsnt] Re: pcl-cvs and local cvsnt repositories not working together?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Mar 6 14:40:05 GMT 2003

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:29:39 -0600, Sridhar Boovaraghavan
<sridhar_ml at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just installed a cvsnt server and created a repository for my
>local projects. CVSROOT is :local:i:\cvsrep
>
>When I am using Emacs 21.2.95, the cvs interface (pcl-cvs) does not
>recognize this CVSROOT as being valid. Anybody else come across this?
>Any workarounds? (This forces me to use the client through a command
>prompt window. I would very much like the emacs/cvs interface working
>smoothly.)

This sounds like an emacs bug.  It's presumably not accepting the drive letter
as a valid part of the repository root.  Repository prefixes aren't going to
help here as you're in local mode, so you'll have to put a fix in emacs - IIRC
it's just lisp so you just have to find the bit of code that parses the root
and modify it.