[cvsnt] how to retrieve a deleted file ..

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Mar 6 22:27:48 GMT 2003

Bo Berglund wrote:

> I never saw suct behaviour before, what is going on here?
> I have not put any locks anywere and it was a month or so since I did
> anythin at all in this test module. ?????????????

It's possible the module was being checked out at the time, unless there's a
dangling lock in the directory.

btw. I've fixed the file undelete to be more sane now...

Was:

$ cvs add test
cvs server: re-adding file test (in place of dead revision 1.2)
cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently
$ cvs update test
cvs server: warning: new-born test has disappeared  <-- DOH!!!

Now:

$ cvs add test
cvs server: re-adding file test (in place of dead revision 1.4)
cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently
$ cvs update test
cvs server: resurrecting deleted file test
U test

.. which is much more sane behviour IMHO.