[cvsnt] problems with merging.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 12 00:01:19 GMT 2003

Adam Shand wrote:

> I'm running build 68 of CVS-NT.  When one of our developers trys to do a
> largish merge wincvs just hangs forever.  He never gets any error
> messages it just sits there (we've left it for about 20 minutes, the
> equivelent operation on the unix CVS server it takes a few seconds).

That sounds like the problem that happened around the b68 time where certain
types of file could cause the server to fall over.    b75 should be OK
(there are a couple of problems that are fixed in the nightlies but it's
quote possible you'll never see these).

> We are using nested repositories.  The main repository that employees
> access is /cvsroot/foo, underneath that there is a repository per
> customer which they log into (ie. /cvsroot/foo/comp1,
> /cvsroot/foo/comp2).  I did this so that employees could log in once and
> get access to everything, yet I could use file permissions so that comp1
> can't see that comp2 exists.

That should be fine - there are others on this list that work that way
without problems.