[cvsnt] new users via :ntserver protocol

Jasmeet virdi at softhome.net
Thu Mar 13 07:54:24 GMT 2003

Hi all,
    I am not sure whether this concen has been raised earlier, so i am
posting it. I installed the latest version of CVSNT using the installation
steps. In order to use it using Domain security, so that the repository is
only accessible to particular users of one domain, i added users using the
command "cvs passwd -a -r angelo -D theworld angelo". This enabled the user
theworld\angelo to access my repository !! There is no security involved
here ? likewise any person who know the name of the cvs server and the path
to the repository can add himself and modify the source code.
    Anybody got any alterntives for this ? or is the NTSERVER protocol
supposed to behave in this fashion (allowing all users of one domain to get
in ??)
    Please clarify.

thanx
-jasmeet