[cvsnt] Repository on shared drive - difference between pserverand SSPI

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Mar 14 13:35:23 GMT 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:05:32 -0000, "Thomas Muller" <ttm at online.no> wrote:

>Impersonation is in fact disabled, and as I said, pserver works fine, SSPI
>doesn't. The strange thing is that in SSPI mode the network is accessed by
>CvsNT (the CVSROOT/config file on the shared resource is demonstrably
>accessed), but a checkout returns with permission denied.

It may be the fact that the service is authenticating the SSPI connection
itself disables the ability to access the network.  Part of the authentication
involves an Impersonate/Revert very quickly to get the user name.

It may also just be that the service user doesn't have write access to the
repository, so it can't create the lock files.