[cvsnt] Repository on shared drive - difference betweenpserverand SSPI

Thomas Muller ttm at online.no
Fri Mar 14 14:05:46 GMT 2003

| It may be the fact that the service is authenticating the SSPI connection
| itself disables the ability to access the network.  Part of the
| authentication
| involves an Impersonate/Revert very quickly to get the user name.

Well, isn't this refuted by the fact that CVSROOT/config on the share is
demonstrably accessed by CvsNT? A syntax error in this file is duly reported
back to the client. This shows that the network is accessed.

| It may also just be that the service user doesn't have write access to the
| repository, so it can't create the lock files.

This is a theory I support. The service is running (for the time being) as a
user that has memebership in the administrators group. I've of course made
the shared resource fully controllable by anyone. In other words, there are
absolutely no reasons (as far as I can see) for this user NOT being allowed
write access to the shared repository. Any ideas regarding this?

Thanks so far.

--

Thomas

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2003. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this Commercial Communication should be treated
in confidence.
No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.