[cvsnt] Re: ls with the linux version

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 19 20:45:46 GMT 2003

jonathan dumaresq wrote:

> same thing.
>
> I have another question for you. When I installed the cvsnt on the server
> (linux). I do the following step:
>
> 1- ./configure
> 2- make
> 3 make install
> 4 edit /etc/inetd.conf
> 5 edit /etc/services
> 6 edit /etc/profile to add CVSROOT=/repository and export CVSROOT
> 7 killall -HUP inetd
> 8 create /repository
> 9 cvs init
>
> this is what I done.
>
> I would like to know if I miss something. Normaly I have to copy the
> shadow file in the CVSROOT but even I do this or not I can connect to the
> server and login sucessfuly !!

You certainly shouldn't be copying the shadow file into the CVSROOT!!!
There are probably lots of sites for setting up Unix CVS but it's
basically..

./configure
make
make install
edit /etc/inetd.conf
(optional) edit /etc/services
then either (Unix cvs compatible):
Add --allow-root lines to the line in /etc/inetd.conf
or (cvsnt specific)
Edit /etc/cvsnt/PServer and add repository lines (the install should
have created an example file /etc/cvsnt/PServer.example).
killall -HUP inetd.
create /repository then cvs init